By Pat McNamara
The end of the year is a great time to reassess your goals and contemplate if you’re where you really want to be in life. This year, when considering New Year’s resolutions, try thinking about career goals instead of the usual resolutions that tend to have failed or been forgotten by February 1st. The New Year is a great time to think about where you are at in your career. If you’re not heading on the right path, it may be time to reevaluate and set some goals that will help you get there. At AAI we are here to help make sure 2016 is the year of career success for all of the talent we are fortunate enough to work with!
To make sure 2016 is the year you land your dream job consider making some of the following resolutions:
- Make a plan and stick to it! Setting realistic daily goals, such as how many jobs you’ll apply to, a timeline for updating your resume and cover letter, and scheduling networking events into your calendar will substantially benefit your job search.
- Update your LinkedIn profile. Being engaged online and participating in your industries professional online community will expand your potential career opportunities. Here are some great tips for maximizing the effectiveness of your online profile!
- Start volunteering in your free time. Employers love to see individuals who are engaged in their community, and making the most of their free time. This is especially important for individuals who are temporarily out of work. Volunteering shows dedication and compassion, and lets employers see that you aren’t letting your skills go while you’re out of work!
- Develop an “elevator pitch.” All job seekers should be able to sell themselves and express what they’re looking for in the same amount of time it would take to ride up an elevator with a new contact. Be prepared to make a great impression by condensing all of your interests and accomplishments into a 30-45 second speech. With practice, you’ll be ready to impress anyone you meet. Whether at a cocktail party or a job interview, you’ll be able to make the connections that will land you your dream job! Sound like a challenge? Check out this article from Forbes for some helpful tips.
- Stop putting off contacting Atlantic Associates, Inc! Job searching can be a full time job in itself. Let us do the work for you – call us today and let us help find the right fit for you!
What are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2016? Whether big or small, Atlantic Associates, Inc. is committed to helping you meet your professional goals. Comment below or tweet at us and let us know what you hope to achieve in 2016!